Wednesday

Better than summer vacation.......

Have I mentioned how much I love summer? Seriously, it is the main reason I chose to become a teacher (hopefully the parents of some of my students aren't reading this.)

I was free as a bird as of June, 15 2007. I had every intention of soaking up the sun down the shore and getting in as much relaxation as I could. (aka - I still didn't think the situation with baby girl was real. Denial much?)

But then it happened. My life changed over a simple weekend...........

On June 18, 2007 our miracle, Lilliana Nicole was born. She was perfect, beautiful, and the most amazing sight I had ever laid my eyes on. I was totally in love.



F went to the hospital that morning, and called me as she was leaving. B and I drove in silence all the way to the hospital. F did not want us in the delivery room, which I completely understood. I'm not too sure I would want to be showing my girlie parts off either.

We waited in the waiting room with F's daughter, S. We had a great time with her that day and really got to know her. S must have called her younger brothers, M and J a hundred times that day to give them updates on F. Again, the love they all had for eachother amazed me.

At exactly 3:00 pm, our baby girl was born. She was 7 lbs, 10 oz and 20.5 in long. I was able to go back to the nursery (and I also needed to be in the room with F when she signed some papers in order for me to have a bracelet that would let me care for Lilli) for a quick peek.

It wasn't until about 6:15 pm that B and I were really able to see our daughter for the first time. She was the prettiest baby in the nursery - and definitely the loudest! (I remember B saying that he hoped that it wasn't an indication of how she would be at 2 am!)

The nurses were so kind to us. There were alot of babies born that day, so there was really nowhere for B and I to bond with her. They let us have space in the nursery and we were able to feed her her first bottle. She was amazing. She couldn't have felt more like mine if I had given birth myself.

Seeing B with Lilli was overwhelming. The first time he held her, she opened her eyes and smiled. He was hooked and so was I.




Did I mention that Lilli just happened to be born the day after Father's Day??? How's that for a gift!

No comments: