Friday

Trying times....

F and I spoke a few times a week during this time. Whenever she had a doctors appointment, she would call to update me.

I filled her in on what was going on with us, and made sure that the Ice Queen was staying on top of things.

It felt very much like a friendship, but I have to say, a very depressing one. I don't mean that in a negative way at all. I had grown to REALLY love F, and I genuinely cared about her. However, she had no one - at all. No friends, family, co-workers, nada.

All of the emotions that she was going through, (which were many) she shared with me. I was glad, because I wanted to help her through any way that I could, but it also made me feel guilty. This was starting to become a happy time in my life, yet it was the worst time of hers. It was a very hard balancing act to follow. How could I be happy, when she was so sad? We discussed her decision at length, because I in no way wanted her to feel pressured. F assured me that although it was difficult, she knew she was doing the right thing.

I respect the hell out of that woman, and her strength still amazes me to this day......

No comments: