Monday

The final goodbye.....

We saw F 2 more times after Lilli was born. Once when she was to terminate her parental rights (72 hrs after birth in the state of PA) and then about 2 weeks later when we took them all out to dinner.

We wanted them to be a part of our lives, if that is what they wanted too. F and I had spoken about what kind/how much contact she wanted after the birth, and she wasn't very sure how she wanted to go about it.

I just kind of went with the flow and followed her lead. However, it became clear that it was just too difficult for F to keep in touch. I think she wanted to move on with her life and to try to get back to normal. There was much more going on with her, (and I would never reveal it here), so I understood.

The last time I spoke with F was in August of 2007.

B and I still send letters and pictures on Christmas and Lilli's birthday, but we never hear anything in return. F also knows that if the updates are too much for her to handle, she can say so and we will stop sending them.

I just want Lilli to always know where she came from and how much her birthfamily loved her. They will always hold a special place in our hearts, and there is not a day that goes by when I do not think of them. I hope that, in time, we can all reconnect again.

No comments: