Tuesday

In the mother-hood...........

I loved being a mom more than I had ever expected. Lilli and I bonded immediately, and she was such a good baby.

But I have to be honest, this mommy stuff was freaking HARD! I mean - much harder than I had anticipated. I loved that little chicken so much that I could taste it, but she was definitely a diva in training..............

Our family and friends welcomed her with open arms, I swear when she came home it was like the second coming of Christ.

(yes - we finally let everyone in on our little secret the day we left the hospital. B and I sent a text to all of our friends announcing her arrival and they were SHOCKED. Our moms were cleared to start the phone chain, as we had to practically cut their phone lines and cell service to keep them from spilling the beans. My mom even called our hairdresser to tell her the news - um, excited much?)

Lilli was like a local celebrity, and I cannot even tell you how many people stopped by to meet her that summer.

Our moms threw us a MAJOR baby shower when Lilli was 8 weeks old. Friends were kind enough to lend us everyting until then.

I was actually a mom.......wow......

No comments: