Wednesday

A beautiful life...........



B and I were the proudest parents on the block, and ooh-ed and ahh-ed over everything our little chicken did. (I'm pretty sure we are responsible for her diva status).

We were finally part of the "in-crowd", we actually had a baby of our own and were not outsiders anymore. I could bring myself to go to parties, christenings, showers, etc again - because for a long time I avoided all of them like the plague.

Lilli spent her summer down the shore with her grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends - and I soaked up every second. But it was all about to come to an end................I had to go back to school.

Now, I always said that I wanted to be a SAHM (stay at home mom), but I evidently married the wrong man. I love B to death, but he is not a Rockefeller. Not working was not an option.

Lilli was 3 months old when I went back to work. Pretty great maternity leave, right? Best part about it - I was paid the entire time because she was born the day summer vacation began!!! (was that a sign or what?)

Leaving her with a sitter was hard - really hard. But I eventually got over it.

B and I focused all of our time on Lilli. We took her for walks, to the pumpkin patch, the park, and showed her off to anyone with eyes.

Life was fantastic, so fantastic that we decided it would be a good idea to have another one. Another baby, that is.....................

No comments: