Wednesday

A very long weekend..........

Needless to say, B was a bit in shock. I believe he said "what???" about 4 times. I told him to walk outside so that we could talk.

I told him that T had just called me to tell me about a birthmom in CA that wanted to speak with us. (We didn't even know that we were being profiled at the time, so the phone call was a huge shock to us). T told me that the birthmom was 39, had 4 other children, was not with the birthdad, and was due to deliver a baby boy in 2 months. She gave me birthmom's phone number and told me to call her if we were interested.

I asked B if he wanted me to call, if he thought that this was an ideal situation for us, and what he wanted me to do. His answer, "sure - give her a call." (He is the calm one of the 2 of us!)

So I put Lilli to bed, and made the phone call.................

J (birthmom) answered and I explained who I was. She was surprised that I had called so quickly, as she had just left T's office a few hours before. (great sign #1 - T and J had met, and T was able to get a good "read" on her.)

We spoke for about 45 minutes. It was a very easy conversation. J was very "real", told me about herself, her kids, her childhood, etc. There really weren't very many awkward pauses, and it seemed like we were quite comfortable with each other. At the end of the conversation, I asked J if she was speaking to any other families. She told me that she was, but that she was going to sit down with her kids and make a final decision. That was kind of a let down, because I thought we were the only ones, but I was glad she was honest with me. (good sign #2 - I love an honest person.)

B came home and I filled him in. We were excited, but cautiously optimistic. We knew that things could turn at any second, and that we weren't the only family that J was considering.

There was not much more we could do, other than wait. We did not tell a soul - not even our parents. There was no use getting their hopes up for something that was probably not going to happen........

No comments: