Wednesday

Friday night surprise..............

So life went on, and we were loving it. We were the happiest we had ever been, and really didn't want to change anything about it.

B and I had many conversations about which direction we wanted to go in regards to our family. On one hand, we were so content with having Lilli and really thought that she would be an only child. Then on the other, we wanted her to have a sibling to grow up with. We were in a state of limbo, but actually didn't mind it.

We had a blast down the shore all summer. Lilli has her first birthday with all of her family around, we spent everyday at the beach, and we were just so happy being a family.

And then I got the "itch", as in the "baby itch". I sat down with B and asked him what he wanted to do (because I honestly was still confused!)

B said that he really wanted another, especially for Lilli.

We called T in August and asked to be put back on the list. I made up a new family profile that was a beach theme - and it was pretty damn good, if I do say so myself! B and I had a long talk with T about what we wanted this time around. We really felt that it was important to have a relationship with a birthmom that was longer than a few days. We wanted to get to know her, and wanted her to get to know us. We wanted to know about the birthdad too - it didn't neccessarily have to be a relationship, but we at least wanted to know his name, background, etc. T told us that since we were being so particular, that we should expect to have a longer wait period. We accepted that and told her that we had to do what was right for us. We were prepared to wait a few years, as long as it meant that we would be matched with a baby who was truly meant to be ours.

I sent the profile off to T and didn't think much of it. I was busy getting ready to go back to school, as my summer break was coming to an end...............

On Friay September 19, 2008 I was home with Lilli having pizza. My phone rang, and on the other line was T. We spoke for a few minutes, she asked me a few questions, I asked her a few, and then I hung up.

I called B (who was at happy hour with the boys) and asked him how he felt about having a son in 2 months.................................

No comments: