Tuesday

The call.........

I was driving out of the parking lot of school on Monday, and noticed I had a voicemail on my cell. When I checked it, it was T telling me that J had chosen us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said that we were officially "matched" and that we should start making plans.

Exciting, right? Well, for someone who has not had their hearts broken a million times before - then very exciting. For true vets like B and I, we were still convinced that someone was just around the corner, waiting to steal it all away. There was no way that this was going to go smoothly, we were not this lucky. No one has successfully adopted 2 healthy infants in 17 months time. This was a dream, scam, catastrophe waiting to happen.......................the plans would just have to wait.

I continued to speak to J through weekly phone calls and emails. She told us the reason she chose B and I was because we were so close with our families. (All of our family lives nearby, and we have daily contact with them.) Talking with J was like talking to an old friend who I hadn't seen in awhile. She was the most positive, upbeat person that I had ever met. Although, Lilli's birthmom and I got along, the relationship with J was developing differently. It's not that J wasn't having a hard time with the decision, but she focused more on the positive - that she was giving someone the greatest gift of all.

The conversations continued to go well, but I still had my guard up. We still had not told anyone, because we didn't really believe it was happening.

No comments: