Sunday

Inspiration explanation................

So now brings me to the point of how these 2 little ladybugs truly inspired me.............After Lilli was born, I was a picture-taking nut! By the time she was a year old, I had close to 2,000 pictures of her (crazy, I know).

B and I had a photographer come to the house to do family portraits for the holidays, as well as our Christmas cards. The pictures were beautiful, but the price was outrageous! (Truth be told, B still doesn't know how much it really was - I have a tendancy to cut all prices in half when he asks what I spent - sshh!)

I also hated the fact that my camera was so slow, and half the time I would miss the really good shots. So I researched some cameras, had a heart attack over the price - but I bit the bullet and finally bought one.

I loved it! Everyone told me what a fab job I was doing with Lilli's pictures, how I really had an "eye" for it, yada, yada.

So I took some photography classes. I got the basics down, had a teacher who was really great and encouraged me to keep going. But it didn't end there.......not only did I love taking pictures, but I really wanted to learn how to make my own photo cards too.

I had spent a fortune on birth announcements, Christmas cards, party invitations, thank you's, etc., for Lilli, so I really wanted to learn how to make my own. How hard could it be, right?

Well - harder than you think. And definitely more expensive than I thought! So I bought what I needed, and found a really great teacher. I learned alot on my own too, which drove B insane, because I have spent countless hours in front of the computer (which is why I now have to wear glasses too!)

It is now my new side gig, which I really enjoy doing. So now you will get to view some of my work!

No comments: