Wednesday

Home sweet home......

Although I loved having some alone time with my little man, I missed Lilli more than I could have ever imagined. We had never been away from her for more than a weekend, so 13 days was just way too much for me to handle. It was definitely the hardest part for me.

I literally sat in the hotel room and waited for the phone to ring, with our attorney telling us to "come on home!!"

You would think that we should have been living it up in CA, considering it was cold as hell back home. But we didn't. We were in a very weird part of CA..........in the middle of desserts and mountains. We were about 2 hours away from both LA and San Diego, and I really didn't want to travel that far with a newborn. So instead, I spent countless hours just staring at my little guy, and I soaked up all of the alone time that I could - I knew it was going to be far and few between once we arrived home...........(looking back, I do kind of regret not being able to see more while we were there. I kind of wish we did things, but then again I will never get that baby time back!)

The flight was 5 hours long, and my angel slept the entire way. He was so good, and I loved all of the compliments that I got about how good I looked for just having a baby!

When we arrived home, our entire family was waiting for us, and had the house decorated in blue (this was unusual to see as Alec is the only boy in the family!!).

I couldn't wait to see Lilli. I threw open the door and ran over to her. She looked at me like she had no idea who I was....very anti-climatic!

And then she got to meet her baby brother for the first time........

No comments: