Friday

Mommy times 2............

I won't lie....I was scared out of my mind to have 2 kids, who were 17 months apart. I knew it was going to be alot of work, that B and I would probably be at each other's throats, and that Lilli was not going to handle it very well. But I was ready.

And you know what? It really isn't that hard - at all. I am not a screaming maniac like I pictured I would be. I still have time to watch tv and go out with my friends (I actually go out more now, because I NEED IT!) The house isn't perfect, but so what. I am usually exhausted every second of the day, but I can deal with it. Lilli loves Alec, and vice versa, and B and I work really well together.

There are still times when I want to rip my hair out, run away, have a drink by 9 am, or a combo of all 3 - but I wouldn't have it any other way - honestly.

I consider myself to be the luckiest person alive. I am not sure what I did to deserve these 2, and I am thankful for them each day.

People ask about our story all of the time, because they really have not heard of anything like it before. I love talking about it. I am so proud of my kids, and of the way that they both came into my life.

I have heard some say "I don't know how you do it", or "you are such a good person for giving them a great home.", etc.

I don't look at it that way at all. These 2 saved my life. They made me a better person. They taught me the true meaning of unconditional love, and I wouldn't change one. single. thing. about my life.

You see, it was never really important for me to be pregnant - I just wanted to be a mom. And because of Lilli and Alec, my dreams have finally come true..............

No comments: