Monday

The real meeting........

So B and I went to meet F at the mall on a Monday afternoon. We were understandably MORE nervous, considering all that just went down. However, I felt a huge sigh of relief when we pulled into the parking lot and I spotted her truck. (there was a very interesting decal on the back windshield, so I will just leave it up to your imagination.......)

When we walked in, F was sitting at the first table, next to the door. My first thoughts? She was beautiful, stunning actually. She was taller than me, had gorgeous, wavy, auburn hair, crystal blue eyes, and lips that would give Angelina a run for her money. She had an enormous belly, but was so "tiny" for a pregnant woman. I hugged her as soon as I saw her - it just felt natural.

F had also brought her 3 children with her....S was 17, J was 11, and M was 8. They were all adorable. F sent them to another table to do their homework so that we could talk. B and I had a "profile" with us, because since we did not find her through our facilitator, we wanted her to have something of us to keep.

Want to know what she brought to the meeting that day?????

An ultrasound picture..................The baby was a girl!

To say we were ecstatic would be an understatement. I mean, obviously we would have been happy either way, I'm pretty sure we would have been happy with a monkey at that point.

The meeting went really well. We talked ALOT. Some things I will not repeat, as I respect F more than anything. But the one thing that I took away from that meeting that has stuck with me.........I couldn't get over how much love her children showed her. I'm a teacher, I see kids every.single.day. The love that was pouring out of all of them was something that you don't see everyday. It made me realize what a wonderful mother she was, not only to S, J, and M, but also to this little girl who was soon to be ours...........

No comments: