Wednesday

Mother's Day.....

I hated this day for a loooong time. I dreaded it, just like any other holiday that reminded me that I didn't have children to share it with. But, thankfully I have gotten over those feelings for myself. I am fortunate enough to now have 2 little ones to share it with - and believe me, I truly know how lucky I am.

My heart does break for all of my friends who do not have their babies to celebrate with though. Over the past 2 years infertility has become more common among those I love. I have so many friends and family members that are struggling in some way (whether through IVF or waiting for their baby to join them through adoption) and I know that this is just another difficult day to be reminded of. For all of you - you are in my thoughts and know that I pray each night that you will find the baby that is meant to be yours!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilli and Alec spoiled their mom this year..........I received a gift certificate for a massage and facial - and you better believe that I need it! The little ones are away until Friday - they are staying with my brother, SIL, and 3 nieces, because our sitter is away. It is also B's birthday today so we are going to enjoy dinner and drinks ALONE!!! Now don't get me wrong, I love nuggets, fighting with Lilli to come inside, and poopy diapers as much as the next person - but having time to ourselves is just what the doctor has ordered!

Lilli is finally feeling better, but the terrible 2's are approaching with a vengeance! I'm thinking we should have named her Reagan.......as from the Exorcist.

No comments: