Monday

Bad week........

Poor Lilli had a virus last week, which translates to "my whole house was covered in puke and poop."

I felt so sorry for her. She had never thrown up before, so had no idea what was going on. I also felt sorry for me because I lost my beloved featherbed during the pukestorm.

By Friday she was so dehydrated that we ended up in the ER for fluids and sugar. IV in a 22 month old is enough to break your heart. She kept saying "me done, home now." We tried to keep her distracted as best we could, and I'm sure the nurses didn't appreciate her marker artwork all over the sheets and pillow cases - but it worked for a bit.

I have no idea how parents of seriously ill children do it, how strong and brave you must be.

We also had to fire our sitter. Long story, but chick went crazy and insulted yours truly. I was in a panic to find a sitter for the next 5 weeks (yay - summer is almost here!!). It was daunting, but thankfully we found someone who is perfect and Lilli has not scared her away yet (she has officially been at our house for 1.5 hours and has not called yet - fingers crossed!) Thankfully Alec is a laid back, California kid and just goes with the flow!

I am hoping this week is better..........

1 comment:

RB said...

How can next week NOT be better? :) That is one rough week.