Sunday

Meet Alec..............

Alec Brayden was 8 lbs, 6 oz, and 21 inches long. He was absolutely perfect.

J did an amazing job during delivery. I was there holding her hand and trying to make her as comfortable as possible.

When Alec was born, the dr. handed him to J first, who kissed him, and then she handed him over to me saying "now it is time to meet you other mommy." It was amazing. I couldn't take my eyes off of him - even though he was peeing all over the place!


J and I sat together with Alec for awhile, and then I decided to call it a night. We were both exhausted, and I also wanted to give her time to rest and bond with Alec. I went back to my hotel, but didn't sleep very much!

The next day was Thanksgiving, and thankfully, B had gotten a flight! He was due in CA mid-afternoon, and then we were headed to the hospital so that he could meet our son.....J's kids had been up earlier to meet Alec, and we were happy that they all had a chance to be together. B and I sat in J's room the entire time and talked about everything under the sun. Alec was never even in the nursery - he spent all day and night in J's room. It was unreal how we all got along. B and I not only fell in love with Alec, but we fell in love with J too.

I was a mom again, and honestly couldn't figure out how I had gotten this lucky.......

No comments: